The submission of applications for the 2nd round of " Exoikonomisi Kat’ Oikon II " start on Monday, 16 September 2019, and will be made successively in three (3) stages per Group of Regions.
Exoikonomisi Kat’ Oikon II Program, operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Environment and Energy.
Exoikonomisi Kat’ Oikon II – Second Phase
The applications for the 2nd phase of "Exoikonomisi Kat’ Oikon II" Program starts on Monday, 16 September 2019, and will be made successively in three (3) stages per Group of Regions.
Upgrade your home energy-wise by obtaining a subsidy of up to 70% of the cost of energy upgrading interventions.
The Program is implemented with the support of the Ministry of Environment and Energy.
What is it:
The Program offers incentives to citizens to implement energy upgrades for their home, thus saving money and energy and increasing its value.
It is co-financed by European Union resources (European Regional Development Fund - ERDF) and national resources through the Regional Operational Programmes and the Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Operational Programme (ΕPANEK) for 2014-2020.
Incentives are given in the form of:
- direct aid: subsidy οf up to 70% of the cost of upgrades, cost of energy inspections, studies and project consultant fees,
- a low-interest loan with 100% interest rate subsidy.
Buildings used as a main residence, hold a building permit or any other legal document and are classified in an energy efficiency class less than or equal to D Class.
Potential beneficiaries are natural persons who have rights in rem (full ownership / usufruct / bare ownership) in an eligible residence and fall into one of the 7 income categories, based on the income of the income tax return for 2018 after clearance.
The 7th category is not given a grant but a loan at 100% of the eligible budget and with interest rate subsidy. In all categories the costs of energy inspections and any studies whatsoever, as well as the project consultant fee, are subsidized.
The Hellenic Development Bank SA (www.hdb.com.gr) is the beneficiary of the program and administrator of the “Saving II Fund” (www.etean.gr)
Greek Banks take part in the program as Financial Intermediaries, providing low-interest loans to program beneficiaries, if they wish so. The 7th income category requires an obligatory loan.
Submission of applications starts on Monday, 16 September 2019, and will be made successively in three (3) stages per Group of Regions. The opportunity to submit applications will be provided until the funds of the 2nd Round of the Program per Region are exhausted.
• Upgrading the main residence
• Saving on energy
• Reducing carbon dioxide emissions
• Upgrading the urban environment
• Upgrading living conditions in buildings and cities and improving the daily life of citizens
• Additional benefits in other economic and social sectors such as energy safety, energy poverty alleviation, employment and health.
Participation in the program
The program is obligatorily implemented through the Information System. Applications are only submitted online through the Program's web portal https://exoikonomisi.ypen.gr
• The budget of each application cannot exceed 250 euros per m2 of useful floor area of the residence, with a maximum upgrade intervention cost of 25.000 euros including VAT.
• For expenses to be eligible they need to be implemented after the date of issuance of the 1st Energy Performance Certificate issued after 26.11.2017.
• Potential beneficiaries are required to state beforehand the Bank they wish to cooperate with for the implementation of the program and from which they will, if they wish, get a loan to cover the upgrading costs of their home.
• The loan is a product of the co-investment of funds of the Bank and the "Saving II Fund" at a ratio of 2:1. Due to the co-investment, the final interest rate comes to 4% and is 100% subsidized. The loan-taker incurs the levy of Law 128/1975, applied to the part of the Bank's funds. The repayment of loans is effected through monthly amortized installments and its length can be settled for 4, 5 or 6 years. No collateral.